Wednesday, January 28, 2009









In Retrospect by Request:

Request by Tiha scene stealer (IDK just sounded cool when I wrote it.)

Taking pictures while driving

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT TAKE PICTURES WHILE DRIVING! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU THAT’S DANGEROUS MAN!!! DON’T DO IT.

If you take pictures while your driving, in the words of Tiha “…you might fail into the guard rail”

So I did take pictures while I was driving in the safest way that I could. No cars near or close (you tend to swerve when doing anything besides just driving as evidenced by cell phone users being 4 times more likely to have an accident) So I made sure I was as close to being clear of all vehicles as possible. Second I never, ever looked through the viewfinder OR at the display screen. The first pics I took from the car were when I was parked or standing still at a light. This gave me a perspective. I knew what I would most likely capture with the camera and at what positions. When I saw something, and if I had time to catch it, I would turn on the camera and, without looking through the view finder on the display screen, slow down and snap several photos by placing the camera in one of the pre-determined position. I kept my eyes on the road, a hand on the wheel and only checked the pictures when I stopped. If something was interesting enough and I missed it I would stop, or turn around to go back and get it. I made sure my camera was set to take action pictures otherwise all I got were blurs. Not to mention that many times I didn’t get the picture I wanted and a lot of times all I got was the car.

Note: Even with all these precautions I damn near ended up in the guardrail several times (and the rumble strips kept me out of the woods a couple more) so again.

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT TAKE PICTURES WHILE DRIVING! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU THAT’S DANGEROUS MAN!!! DON’T DO IT.

So there you go Tiha…oh and here you go.






















1 comment:

eysqueen said...

those are some nice pics, danger aside. thanks for sharing! (and risking your life)