Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Barriers

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think so. Ever plan out a date for a Friday night? You have the whole route and schedule in your head. Leave work. Hit the liquor store. Get gas from the station with the car wash and wash the car. Make your call to whoever to set things up. Get home shower and dress (already have your outfit picked out) and then meet up with whomever and then…do it. Do it. Do it till you’re satisfied. Whatever “it” is. BUT everything depends on you getting off on time? I don’t have to say what happens but it’s like your job knows the exact day you have something up your sleeve and screws you over. (feel free to add your own expletive in place of “screw”) How easy is it to apply this scenario to life itself? Pretty damn easy! “You make plans and God laughs,” Somebody somewhere said. I think they were wise or something but it generally applies. I wont pretend to have the answer or strategy for addressing the barriers of life. As an over thinker and under “doer” frustration follows me, or used to, I’m doing more “doing” now to combat frustration. Anyway, there are 2 events that I’m performing at while in Columbia. One is at the Art Bar the other at Hush both downtown and both on Tuesday. Meanwhile I’m writing and thinking ,and drinking but that’s another blog.

No comments: