Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How do you stay on track?



First you have to have a destination. Be it a physical one, your goals/dreams and/or things others cant see but are vivid to you. Marriage, a(nother) degree , more money, better job, etc. Then you should plan out your route and…zzzzzzzz! This is the hardest part. The details that we over or under do. I suck at details…bad! but combat this by going back to the big picture and thinking "is what I’m doing at that moment contributing to me getting where I want to be?". Works for the kid. What works for you? Something else that works, simple and even corny, but having a tangible symbol helps. For this journey I have a compass given to me by a dear friend but anything can work. A calendar/ whiteboard/ rock/ picture/ shit a post-it doesn’t matter. For those visual (meaning men specifically but anyone) it’s a good reminder of where your trying to go. Really helps when you don’t have a GPS.

No comments: