Thursday, October 9, 2008

ROAMing South

Headed toward Columbia amidst a million thoughts the most negative being "WTF am I doing?" the answer of course coming in abstract ideas of the possibilities of the unknown road. The simple answer being "IDK but I need to do it" and that has been my mantra when common sense or societal conditioning has cast a shadow over me. I have also been caught up in the excitement that others have conveyed to me concerning the trip. Vicarious Voyeurs I will call them and I love them because they are the readers/ watchers yelling at the screen to "do it". I can hear them I think. But enough of that. I drove slow purposely and have discovered that what those crazy environmentalists say is true. If you drive slow (speed limit) your gas mileage improves. Your patience is another story. I drove at or below the speed limit for most of the trip and the car told me that my MPG improved over the trip. I actually started with not enough gas to get to Columbia, SC according to the car and how I usually drive, but driving slower than I usually do got me to the Metro with gas to spare. However, LOL, I couldn’t resist performing a numerological oddity. I drove 77 mph for 77 miles on I-77 at one time passing 77 Corporate Place that was to the right of exit 7 in Charlotte. (That’s when the limit went to 55 but who cares right). I made it to Columbia safe, said a prayer of thanks, and drove to my brother’s house. Parked, sighed and girded. My brother is my fraternity brother and when we are together…well things happen.

1 comment:

eysqueen said...

you really have no choice, you have to keep doing it. for all of us cube dwellers who are on the verge of going postal, you have to do it for us. it may be a personal journey for you, but what you are doing is also very powerful, and with great power comes great responsibility. you are responsible for giving us hope, sorry if you didnt know you were doing that too. so whenever you feel your spidey sense tingling, thats just us kicking u in the butt telling you to keep going! :)